Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 20. Libraries and Social Networks

I joined Facebook. I didn't think it would have any interest for me since I'm not really interested in being part of groups of people I don't know. But I was wrong. I found a group of librarians that love wikis. I'm looking for lots of info on wikis (because 23 Things has made me obsessed). Here's their tag: http://del.icio.us/wikilovers.

During the Facebook registration, I was shown all the Facebook people from my high school. Don't know why, but it felt weird. Maybe it's 'cause I don't like giving out personal info, or maybe it's 'cause I don't want to be found. One wonders at one's strange thoughts, but have them we do.

I joined the Library 2.0 Interest group. It's huge!
I also joined the Librarians and facebook group.

Another place like Facebook for professions: LinkedIn.com. I haven't joined yet.

Resources

* Information Wants to be Free blogpost that describes some of the pros and cons about venturing into social networks
* 12 Ways to Use Facebook Professionally
* 7 Things You Should Know About Facebook (pdf)

No comments: